Tuesday, October 10, 2006

A day in the life...

Well, today was quite a day! Sam was full of challenges. This morning began with Sam deciding to poop while sitting in my lap and the diaper didn't quite do its job, if you know what I mean! He was in a great mood, but had a seizure at 12:30 while I was getting him dressed after his bath. This one lasted about three minutes and then he took a two and a half hour nap. When he woke up he went potty and the diaper again did not do its job! Needless to say, Sam and I wore a lot of clothes and I did a lot of laundry. He also vomitted all over the living room around 4:30 leading to his second bath of the day. Sorry for the yucky details, I guess I just needed to vent a bit. Keep praying that the seizures stop. When I talked to the neurologist today he said he would like to give the new meds time to work. It is hard to be patient during this time but we know that he is right. Sam will have his levels checked in two weeks when the meds are at full strength. Thanks for all of the comments and prayers!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Erin, Jeff, and Sam,
Grammy and Grandpa pray for you each day. The seizures cannot stop too soon for any of us. We worry about each one of you and know you are carrying a very heavy load. Certainly God's Strength is yours as there are days we are sure you have none of your own strength left. Sam is such a lucky boy to have such patient and loving parents. Keep fighting the good fight. Know we love you and support your every decision. God bless you each new day. See you on Friday. Hugs and kisses to my little Sam. Grammy Joyce

Anonymous said...

I hope that he gets better and that I will be able to see hime this Monday. I miss him so much.

Tyler

Anonymous said...

Jeff,
I got to thinking about you guys after Tara Camp started working with you. It looks like you guys really have your hands full. We will be thinking of you.
Drop me an email if you get a chance.
Randy Reister
reisterr@northfieldhospital.org

Anonymous said...

Boy oh boy are we praying for you guys. Thanks for keeping your blog updated - we know exactly what to pray for. Now we pray for those seizures to STOP and for patience for Jeff and Erin. We love you guys and thank God for your friendship!
Dan, Nancy and Abigail