Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Therapy at CCHS





Yesterday we had our Monday therapy at Children's Care which consists of PT and swimming. Sam is learning to ride a bike and is really starting to catch on after riding it the last three weeks. It would be great to have one at home, but for the value price of about $1000.00 we will just have to keep riding in therapy! Grandma Donna comes to therapy with us each Monday, which means she has to work on the weekend to be away from the office Monday mornings. We sure are blessed to have family that will do anything for us! Sam also received his new orthotics last week. They are going to take some getting used to since I had them made higher on his calves this time. Time will tell if they need to be cut back down. Our thought was that he would get more stability out of them, but then Sam always keeps us guessing! Please keep praying for Sam to catch on to walking. He is working very hard at it and I think he would find so much joy and freedom if he could have mobility!

4 comments:

Roberta said...

I love that big, great smile! the bike is really cool too.
Good job Sam, I am proud of you!

Anonymous said...

SAM~!!!! YOU ARE A BIKING STAR!!!! We are proud of you!!! You look just like your Uncle Pat!!! :) We love you!
Lori, Pat, and Maggie

Anonymous said...

Look at Sam walking with Grandma! Way to go Sam!!!
Casey & Eve

Anonymous said...

Wow Sam! I know you are working hard in therapy and I know you are working hard with those new orthotics too. I pray every day for you because I know you would love to walk. I LOVE YOU and I MISS YOU.