Monday, August 07, 2006

ER Visit

This weekend started off well with a visit to the Pizza Ranch. Friday night we went to dinner with Tom, Robin, Carson and Brook and had a great time. Saturday, Sam was a good boy for daddy while I took a trip to visit a friend's lake cabin for few hours. I returned in time for the three of us to have dinner with my mom and dad to celebrate their 35th wedding anniversary today. Sam was a very good boy, but had a seizure in the car on the way home. He has not had a seizure in almost two years. We were able to stop it with the medicine we always carry and drove to Av. Mckennan ER. Thankfully, he did not have any more seizures! He did have a CT scan done and the good news is that it looks the same as it did two years ago. They had to put in an IV which never goes well, and we couldn't get him to settle down without a lot of medication. It was a tough night for all of us!!! We finally made it home around 1:00 AM and Sam slept for most of the night, thanks to the meds! Please pray for a less eventful week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, so now I'm all teared up. I miss you guys. Sam looks GREAT! I have your Christmas picture up on my frig at home. I think of all of you often. It looks like Sam is thriving on life and love from his family. What a family you are! He's one lucky boy. God sure knew what he was doing when he placed Sam with you.

Hello to Grandma Donna and Grandma Joyce. I had fun with all of you when I used to see Sam for therapy.

All my love,
Angie

Anonymous said...

Sammy, My prayers are always with you --- and with Mommy and Daddy too. You are such a precious love in my life. I know you are such a good boy when you feel good. I ask God to help get the meds in correct proportion for your growing so you will not have any more seizures. I cannot tell you how much I love you. God bless you each new day.