Monday, March 10, 2008

The finished project!
















We are enjoying Sam's new room so much! Grammy and Grandpa Horstmeyer worked hard to get it all finished up and we greatly appreciate all of their hard work! The raised tub is wonderful and making lifting much easier! We are planning on getting a mobile lifter www.surehands.com/mobiles_us.html#zestien in the future to do the lifting out of the tub for us. Grandma Donna is busy making new pillow cases and curtains to match Sam's dinosaur themed suite! Grandpa John has been supervising the project and staying busy at work. We thought he and mom retired at the end of January, but he hasn't stopped working yet!!! In the pics you can see Sam's swing in his room. Jeff and Larry put a header in the ceiling so we can have it upstairs. It is wonderful to have everything Sam needs all on one level. We are richly blessed by all of the wonderful talents our parents share with us!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Horstmeyers! My mom, Brenda Haber, gave me this address so I can keep up with Sam's progress as well. You are an AMAZING family and I continue to be in awe of your strength and fortitude. Please know my thoughts and many prayers are with you. I truly don't know how you do it--I wish I had just a small piece of your courage.

Stacey Garry

Anonymous said...

What a lucky boy Sammy is! It looks like a fun & comfortable suite. It takes a village to remodel,paint, etc. and your "village" did a fabulous job creating a great space for a special boy!! Carrie C.